Thursday, September 9, 2010

Paula Deen’s Oven-Fried Potato Chip-Crusted Chicken

Potatochip Chicken What a mouthful, in many ways. My husband chose this for me to make tonight and all I can say is I should have started sooner. This is not a quick fix, especially if you have to thaw the chicken first like I did. The recipe calls for you to pound the chicken to a 1/2in thick. Be warned, you can enjoy it too much and bust the chicken apart. Of that I’m guilty. Be aware the potato chips can be salty enough so don’t salt the chicken. The chicken is shown with seasoned broccoli and cauliflower, and yes that is a paper plate. My husband does the dishes and I wanted to spare him work tonight. He thanked me for it. The chicken turned out well, and I enjoyed the taste. My husband is not a fan of mustard in the least and was turned off of the dish, because he could taste the mustard. After talking to my grandmother about it and she suggests just replacing the mustard with an equal amount of butter and it should be fine.

Paula Deen’s Oven – Fried Potato Chip – Crusted Chicken

1/3 Cup Dijon Mustard
1/4 Cup Light Butter
1 (5 ounce) bag of Baked Potato Chips, finely crushed
1 Cup grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Tbsp minced fresh Rosemary
6 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts, pounded to 1/2in thickness

Preheat oven to 400. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a cooling rack over baking sheet: spray with nonstick cooking spray.

In a shallow dish, combine mustard and melted butter. In a separate shallow dish, combine crushed potato chips, cheese, and rosemary.

Brush or dredge chicken breasts with mustard mixture. Dredge in potato chip mixture to coat. Place on prepared cooling rack, and let stand for 20min to set crust.

Bake for 35-50min or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Let stand for 10min before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment